Blue Mountain Gets Even Larger!
More Terrain and New Trails now Open in The Orchard Expansion
Ontario’s largest ski and snowboard resort has gotten even bigger. Blue Mountain has officially opened more terrain and new trails in The Orchard area for the 2013/14 winter season. The Orchard expansion includes an additional 64 acres of terrain, a new high-speed, six-person chairlift and seven new trails. Snowmaking infrastructure hase been added on three of the seven trails and night lighting has been added on all seven trails. The increased terrain provided by The Orchard expansion is equivalent to adding 21 percent of our current terrain to the resort and increases skiable terrain to 364 total acres across 42 trails – the most in Ontario.
Facts About The Orchard Expansion
· $7.5-million investment
· 64 additional acres of skiable terrain (bringing the resort’s total to 364 acres)
· Seven new trails (bringing the resort’s total to 42 trails)
· One new state of the art high-speed, six-person chairlift, which will be the biggest in Ontario
· Longest beginner run in Ontario - 1.6 km
· Snowmaking infrastructure hase been added on three of the seven trails and night lighting has been added on all seven trails