Call for Submissions
Blue Mountain Resort invites professional artists (including artist teams) to submit proposals for a large-scale, outdoor, three-dimensional public artwork to be displayed at the top of Blue Mountain. The artwork should capture an appreciation and celebration for Indigenous cultures and communities.
The selected artwork will stand as a four-season instalment where guests can gather to reflect on our relationship to the land, with appreciation of its original stewards, the Indigenous Peoples of Canada. rich-text, responsive-table
The selected artist will be awarded a prize of $5,000 as well as commissioning for the piece. The work, including commissioning, installation and infrastructure, should be within the scope of about $30,000 depending on the piece.
All submissions will be reviewed by a panel including Blue Mountain leadership and employees, local community members and citizens from the Indigenous community.
Professional artists (artist teams) are invited to respond by submitting one PDF document including the following information:
One PDF file labelled:
Blue Mountain Public Art Submission – Last Name First Name
- Artist(s) biography
- Written proposal concept relating to the theme of appreciation and celebration for Indigenous cultures and communities
- Proposal concept sketches, renderings, design details including measurements
- Details on proposed materials and any other relevant information to explain the proposed project
- A preliminary budget outlining critical costs such as production/fabrication, professional fees, insurance, transportation, installation
- Maximum ten images of previous and relevant work, with caption including title, materials, dimensions, location, and commissioning body (if applicable).
The submission deadline is 4 p.m. on July 21, 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Tara Lovell, Manager, Public Relations
email@example.com rich-text, responsive-table