Winter Season Pass
Terms and Conditions
Blue Mountain Confidence to Buy
Ski and ride with confidence this season with Blue Mountain Confidence to Buy. All 2023/24 5x7®️ Passes come with Confidence to Buywhich gives Pass holders options to maintain their peace of mind no matter what the season may bring.
View Confidence to Buy Details
23/24 SEASON PASS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In consideration of Blue Mountain Resorts LP (“Blue Mountain Resort”) accepting my application for a Season Pass, I hereby agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
1. REFUNDING PURCHASE or Cancelling in Season: In order to be eligible for any full or partial refund at any time, pass holders must purchase insurance through Spot Insurance. To obtain a copy of full insurance plan details, please call 1-800-392-1970 or visit online at: bluemountain.ca/spot . Insurance premium is administered at 7% of the value of the pass that is being purchased and is only offered at time of pass purchase.
2. Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement: All pass holders are required to personally execute a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Warning, Assumption of Risk, Indemnity and Consent to Medical Treatment/Transport Agreement (the “Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement”) in order to finalize their pass purchase. If the pass is not purchased electronically via the website, the Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement must be completed when picking up the pass. A parent or legal guardian must execute the Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement for pass holders under 18 years of age. A copy of these Terms and Conditions and Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement can be found at bluemountain.ca
3. Season Length and Operating Hours: Blue Mountain Resort's core season typically runs from mid-December to the end of March Break. During that time, day lift operation is from 9am to 3:30pm and night lift operation is from 3:30pm to 9pm but may be subject to change at the discretion of Blue Mountain Resort. Pre and post core season operating schedule is at the discretion of Blue Mountain Resort management. Resort facilities operate daily at the discretion of Blue Mountain Resort management. There are no refunds or compensation in case of cancellation of operations on account of weather, snow conditions, limited terrain, mechanical failure of equipment or for any other cause or event of any nature. The length of the winter season and daily hours of hill access are dependent on weather and snow conditions. Individual runs may be closed on a temporary basis for safety reasons or for event purposes.
4. Pass Privileges: Adult, Senior, Youth, Young Adult, and Tyke 5x7® Season Passes are valid for lift access Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm and Saturday & Sunday from 3:30 to 9pm during core season. Excludes Day & Night access from Wednesday, December 27 to Saturday, December 30, 2023 and Day access on Monday, February 19, 2024. Night skiing is scheduled to start Thursday, December 14, 2023 and end Sunday, March 17, 2024.
All rates, hours and dates can change without notice.
Pass is valid for Terrain Park access, when operating, during the 2023/24 season. Pass holders must be 8 years or older. It is recommended that Terrain Park users view a safety video prior to initial Terrain Park access. Helmets are required in all Terrain Parks areas. Pass holder must read and follow all posted signage.
5. Attachment and Display of Passes: Season passes must be worn visibly and secured by the pass holder. Passes must not be attached to pants, gloves or hat. Protection of the pass from loss or damage is entirely the responsibility of the pass holder. Passes must not be altered in any manner and must be presented for inspection at lift gates, at any point of sale and to any Blue Mountain Resort employee or safety volunteer on request. Improper use of a pass or failure to follow hill use and safety rules will result in confiscation and cancellation of the pass without refund.
6. Misplaced, Lost or Forgotten Passes: Pass holders must not access hill facilities without their pass. If the pass is misplaced or forgotten, please visit a Guest Services location to have your pass reissued. Your first pass reprint will be complimentary, and every reprint thereafter will have a non-refundable administrative fee associated to it. Once your pass has been reprinted, your original pass will be void and therefore will no longer allow you to access the lift. If you happen to find your original pass, please carefully dispose of it to avoid any confusion at the lift for the remainder of the season.
Reprints are at the discretion of the Guest Services department and may be capped at any time during the season.
7. Use of Pass by Another Person: If a pass is found in use by a person other than the rightful pass holder, the pass will be revoked and the pass holder may be barred from Resort facilities for the remainder of the winter season, without refund. A pass may be confiscated with no re-issue if, in the sole judgement of Blue Mountain Resort's representative, it is used in a fraudulent manner. A $100 fine plus the price of a daily ticket may be charged to the Pass holder for any fraudulent use by another person.
8. As a Passholder, I agree:
a) to read, understand and abide by Blue Mountain Resort’s “Alpine Responsibility Code” and these Season Pass Terms and Conditions;
b) to read, understand and execute a Waiver and Release of Liability Agreement;
c) not to teach skiing or snowboarding at Blue Mountain Resort for remuneration; and
d) not to allow use of my pass by any other person
I understand that the breach of this contract is a serious offense. The season pass remains the property of Blue Mountain Resorts LP.